UK Vegan Camp-Out 2018
Newark Showground, Nottingham, United Kingdom
💚 PLEASE READ THE FAQ's/RULES BELOW BEFORE ORDERING TICKETS 💚
🏕️ The UK Vegan Camp-Out 2018 🏕️
(Partnered with Viva! - www.viva.org.uk)
August 17-19th 2pm - 2pm
Newark Showground, Nottinghamshire
Adults £40, Children £25, 0-3 free!
⭐ Activism Workshops
⭐ Live Music
⭐ Yoga/Fitness Classes
⭐ Kids Activities
Price includes camping but people are also more than welcome to go home each night or stay in a nearby hotel. You can also come in a caravan/campervan
Macka B (& The Roots Ragga Band)
Ingrid Newkirk (PETA Founder)
Jona Weinhofen (I Killed the Prom Queen/Ex-Bring Me the Horizon)
Ronnie Lee (Animal Liberation Front Founder)
Peter Hammarstedt (Sea Shepherd Captain/Whale Wars)
Kerry McCarthy MP
Juliet Gellatley (Viva Founder)
+ many more TBA!
• ALL AGES - But under 16's must be accompanied by an adult 18+
• ARRIVAL/OPENING TIMES - Doors will open at 2pm on Friday 17th August. Follow signs for Carpark/Main Entrance, it's the same entrance for those coming by car or on foot. Please have your e-tickets up on your smartphone or printed out and ready to show to the people on the door. The festival ends at 2pm on the Sunday, so you can't be in past then
• TRAVEL - If you're coming by car, the address is Newark Showground, Lincoln Rd, Newark NG24 2NY. If you're coming by train - you can get a train to either Newark Northgate or Newark Castle, depending on which works out cheaper/quicker, they are both about 3 miles from the showground. You can get a taxi from the station to the venue. Local taxi companies - Discount Taxis 01636 705705, Yellow Cabs 01636 705200, Pronto Taxi 07534065496. There may also be people offering lifts on the Facebook groups. If you are flying - the nearest airports are East Midlands Airport (EMA) and Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA), from these 2 you can get a train to the two stations named above. It may work out cheaper to fly to London and get the train from there however!
• PARKING - The venue carpark is £10 for the full weekend, paid for in advance from our tickets page. It's £15 on the day. Motorbikes are free. There will be security monitoring it overnight, however vehicles and their contents are left at the owner’s own risk. The UK Vegan Camp-Out do not accept liability for any loss or damage to vehicles or their contents
• CAR SHARE - If you're not coming by train or bus, car sharing is a good idea, for many reasons - more people can come that can't drive, it's better for the environment, and a cheaper way of getting there and back direct!
• FAMILIES/CHILDREN - Whilst the Camp-Out isn't 'aimed' at families, hundreds of families attend the event as everything on-site is open to all ages! You get your own personal camping field, away from the noise and which can't be accessed by non-families. In this field you get your own toilets and showers. And there is also a bouncy castle, a slide, facepainting and a marquee for children activities/games, all free of charge ran by Grow Up Vegan and Raise Vegan! If you're over in the caravan field, you will also be able to access the family camping field and spend time in there with the other families and be able to access all the various activities
• CAMPING - Camping equipment is not provided. Please be cautious of space, no bringing 6 man tents for 1 person. There will be a designated area for those who wish to camp in a quiet place, you don't need a specific ticket for this, the area chosen for this will be labelled on the map published nearer the time. Please note the area will be first come first served
• CARAVANS/CAMPERVANS - There will be a section of the carpark designated for you to park, which is right outside the entrance and has electric hook-up. However all the electric hook-up spaces are now sold out. You can still come in a van/campervan and park it in the caravan section, it just won't have electric hook-up. Just buy a normal parking pass! If you're in a family, you will be able to access the family camping field once inside to socialise with the other families and access all the various activities available in the field
• FOOD/STALLS - There is going to be a large selection of food to buy which caters for everyone's needs including pizza, kebab, smoothies/juices, ice cream, indian, cakes, chinese, burgers, hotdogs, raw, gluten free options, pies etc. We are keeping the specific vendors we're having a secret until the day!
• THE ROOMS - There will be the main room for the talks, a room for bands/musicians performing all weekend, and a room for activism workshops across the weekend which will be seated. The other rooms will not. This is because we want it to have a festival feel, rather than have the vibe of a conference or lecture. And also because the main room turns into the afterparty room after 11pm each night. But people are more than welcome to sit down on the floor or bring a camping chair to sit on during the day time talks
• DISABLED ACCESS - The venue ground is all flat and has designated walking paths that everyone including those in wheelchairs can use, but it is going to be very busy, think festival style! The rooms won't have disabled platforms but there will be designated space at the front of the stage (talks room only) for those in a wheelchair, just enter the room through the speakers/disabled access door. And of course there are disabled toilets on-site, however the venue does not have disabled showers as it was built before it was law so it's exempt! Wheelchair concession tickets can be bought from www.vegancampout.co.uk. You can either camp with everyone else, or if you can't camp you can always stay in a hotel or come back each day! If you require a carer to join you, just turn up on the day and they will receive entry for free
• COURTESY/EJECTION - Each year there will be speakers people don't agree with their views, this is to be expected, and so we ask people to either choose to not watch that speaker, or if they want to, to be polite to the speaker and for those listening. Anyone found to be purposely disrupting a speakers talk will be ejected from the event. If anyone is being violent or dealing in any kind of illegal activity will also be ejected from the event!
• VENUE - This year's venue is Newark Showground in Nottinghamshire. The main stage, music stage and activism bootcamp will also be indoors this time. The activism bootcamp will be fully seated again, but the music stage and main stage won't have seats also like 2017. So people can either stand or feel free to sit down like people did in 2017. It is worth noting that Newark Showground does put on non-vegan friendly events like their annual agricultural show, but almost every venue of this size is going to host and promote non-vegan friendly during the year such as horse racing or dog shows, and Newark Showground is no exception. The people who owned the venue for the 2016 event were farmers. The 2017 venue hosted fishing events. Wherever there is a lot of land it's more than likely going to be used for some sort of animal agriculture/non-vegan friendly purpose such as keeping cattle/sheep or hosting horse racing, as it is ideal for them, and equally ideal for music festivals/large events. As much as we'd like it, there is no such thing as a vegan festival venue (yet..) But the vast majority of events held at Newark Showgrounds (over 70%) have absolutely nothing to do with animal agriculture, ranging from caravan shows, to music festivals, to wargames, and roller derby. No events involving animals will be held at the site whilst the Camp-Out is on
• TOILETS/SHOWERS - There is proper hard standing toilet blocks on site (not just portaloo's!) as well as free showers!
• ALCOHOL - There will be a bar on-site but you can also bring your own!
• BSL INTERPRETER - There will be a BSL interpreter for both the main room and the activism bootcamp!
• RESPECT THE PLACE - This goes without saying. Put your rubbish in bins placed around the site. All rubbish is collected after the festival and 100% of it is recycled! Let's leave the venue exactly how we found it. Bring a bin bag to fill up with rubbish at your tent and drop in the bins at the end. Take everything with you - tent, sleeping bag, rubbish etc! Anyone who wants to leave your tent rather than take it home, it will be donated to charity!
• DOGS - For those that can either leave their dog at home or get a dog sitter, this would be highly appreciated and make things easier for everyone. It may not be an appropriate place for them in the talks/music rooms which could possibly mean you having to miss out on them. But if you want to bring them, that's fine, and everywher outdoors will be fine for them. Please note dogs must be kept on leads at all times and will have to sleep in your tent/caravan with you. Bring a dog bowl incase of hot weather!
• T-SHIRTS - If you buy a T-Shirt, just take your voucher code you received in your email to the merch stand once you're at the event, and they will give you your T-Shirt. The people on the gates won't know about them. You can change your size providing we have enough of that size. You will also be able to buy them at the event. We will also have other things for sale like mugs and posters
• AFTERPARTY - Each night there will be an afterparty in the main room from 11pm - 2am for those that wish to attend. One night will be garage/hip-hop, and the other rock/alternative
• DAY TICKETS - As it stands there is no option for day tickets. If we were to, they would be added nearer the time dependant on how many weekend tickets are sold. The only way to ensure a place is to buy a weekend ticket, and people are free to come and go as they please on this ticket
• WATER - There will be several water points across the site, available free of charge
• FIRES - are not allowed. Camping stoves are. So are disposable barbeques, but they cannot go directly onto the grass (putting bricks underneath are okay)
• PROHIBITED ITEMS - Illegal drugs and weapons
• BIKES - If you're coming by bike you can lock your bike to any of the barriers placed around the rings, but the Camp-Out or venue is not responsible for them!
• REFUNDS - Tickets are non-refundable as is standard event ticket procedure. If you can longer come you can sell your ticket by sending your e-ticket to the buyers email address
If you're a food vendor and want to contact us, please send your details to email@example.com and you will be contacted if we want to know more
If you're a singer or in a band and want to play please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will be reviewed, and will be contacted if we want to know more
If you want to put on a workshop in our Fitness/Yoga/Health/Meditation tent please message email@example.com. All applicants will be reviewed, and will be contacted if we want to know more
Any questions you have that aren't answered above, please send directly to us, not the venue, on firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/ukvegancampout
Have no one to go with or coming alone? Join the Lonelie's group www.facebook.com/groups/2008238006073769