UK Vegan Camp-Out 2018
Newark Showground, Nottingham, United Kingdom
💚 PLEASE READ THE FAQ's/RULES BELOW BEFORE ORDERING TICKETS 💚
★★ The UK Vegan Camp-Out 2018 ★★
(Partnered with Viva! - www.viva.org.uk)
August 17-19th 2pm - 2pm
Newark Showground, Nottinghamshire
Adults £40, Children £25, 0-3 free!
★ All Ages
★ Activism Workshops
★ Live Music
★ Kids Activities
Price includes camping but people are also more than welcome to go home each night or stay in a nearby hotel. You can also come in a caravan/campervan
Macka B (& The Roots Ragga Band)
Ingrid Newkirk (PETA Founder)
Jona Weinhofen (I Killed the Prom Queen/Ex-Bring Me the Horizon)
Ronnie Lee (Animal Liberation Front Founder)
Peter Hammarstedt (Sea Shepherd Captain/Whale Wars)
Kerry McCarthy MP
Juliet Gellatley (Viva Founder)
+ many more TBA!
• ALL AGES - But under 16's must be accompanied by an adult 18+
• ARRIVAL/OPENING TIMES - Doors will open at 2pm on Friday 17th August. Follow signs for Carpark/Main Entrance, this is the same entrance for those coming by car or on foot. Please have your e-tickets up on your smartphone or printed out and ready to show to the people on the door to save time. Everyone has to be out the venue by 2pm on the Sunday
• PARKING - The venue carpark is £10 for the full weekend, paid for in advance from our tickets page. There will be security monitoring it overnight
• FAMILIES/CHILDREN - Most of the people that come are not families, and many parents decide to get babysitters. But whilst the Camp-Out isn't 'aimed' at families (like other smaller events may be) hundreds of families attend the event as everything on-site is open to all ages! You get your own dedicated camping field, away from the noise and which can't be accessed by non-families. You get your own toilets and showers. And there will also be a bouncy castle, facepainting and a marquee for children activities in the field!
• CARAVANS/CAMPERVANS - There will be a section of the carpark designated for you to park, which is right outside the entrance and has electric hook-up. However these passes are now sold-out. Although you can still come in van and park it in the carpark and sleep in there, just buy a normal parking pass, but it won't have electric hook-up
• FOOD/STALLS - There is going to be a large selection of food to buy which caters for everyone's needs including pizza, kebab, smoothies, ice cream, salad, falafel, indian, mexican, cakes, chinese, burgers, hotdogs, raw, gluten free options, pies etc
• THE ROOMS - There will be the main room for our line up speakers, a room for bands/musicians performing all weekend, and a room for activism workshops across the weekend which will be seated. The other rooms will not. This is because we want it to have a festival feel, rather than have the vibe of a conference or lecture. And also because the main room turns into the afterparty room after 11pm each night. And people are more than welcome to sit down on the floor or bring a chair during the day time talks
• DISABLED ACCESS - The venue ground is all flat and has designated walking paths that everyone including those in wheelchairs can use, but it is going to be very busy, think festival style! The rooms won't have disabled platforms but there will be designated space at the front of the stage (talks room only) for those in a wheelchair. And of course disabled toilets on-site. The venue does not have disabled showers as it was built before it was law so it's exempt! Wheelchair concession tickets can be bought from www.vegancampout.co.uk. You can either camp with everyone else, or if you can't camp you can always stay in a hotel or come back each day! If you require a carer to join you, just turn up on the day and they will receive entry for free
• COURTESY/EJECTION - Each year there will be speakers people don't agree with their views, this is to be expected, and so we ask people to either choose to not watch that speaker, or if they want to, to be polite to the speaker and for those listening. Anyone found to be purposely disrupting a speakers talk will be ejected from the event. If anyone is being violent or dealing in any kind of illegal activity will also be ejected from the event!
• SPACE MANAGEMENT - As much as we can - 1 man tent for 1 person, 2 man tent for 2, 3 man tent for 3 etc. No 5 man tents for 2 people. This wastes space for somebody else that could come!
• VENUE - This year's venue is Newark Showground in Nottinghamshire. The main stage, music stage and activism bootcamp will also be indoors this time. The activism bootcamp will be fully seated again, but the music stage and main stage won't have seats also like 2017. So people can either stand or feel free to sit down like people did in 2017. It is worth noting that Newark Showground does put on non-vegan friendly events like their annual agricultural show, but almost every venue of this size is going to host and promote non-vegan friendly during the year such as horse racing or dog shows, and Newark Showground is no exception. The people who owned the venue for the 2016 event were farmers. The 2017 venue hosted fishing events. Wherever there is a lot of land it's more than likely going to be used for some sort of animal agriculture/non-vegan friendly purpose such as keeping cattle/sheep or hosting horse racing, as it is ideal for them, and equally ideal for music festivals/large events. As much as we'd like it, there is no such thing as a vegan festival venue (yet..) But the vast majority of events held at Newark Showgrounds (over 70%) have absolutely nothing to do with animal agriculture, ranging from caravan shows, to music festivals, to wargames, and roller derby. No events involving animals will be held at the site whilst the Camp-Out is on
• TOILETS/SHOWERS - There is proper hard standing toilet blocks on site (not just portaloo's!) as well as free showers!
• ALCOHOL - There will be a bar on-site but you can also bring your own!
• BSL INTERPRETER - We are hoping to have a BSL interpreter for both the main room and the activism bootcamp, more on this soon!
• RESPECT THE PLACE - This goes without saying. Put your rubbish in the labelled bins placed around the site. All rubbish will be sorted out into the correct recycling departments after the event! Let's leave the venue exactly how we found it. Bring a bin bag to fill up with rubbish at your tent and drop in the bins at the end. Take everything with you - tent, sleeping bag, rubbish etc! Anyone who wants to leave your tent rather than take it home, it will be donated to charity!
• DOGS - For those that can either leave their dog at home or get a dog sitter, this would be highly appreciated and make things easier for everyone. It may not be an appropriate place for them in the talks/music rooms which could possibly mean you having to miss out on them. But if you want to bring them, that's fine, and everywher outdoors will be fine for them. Please note dogs must be kept on leads at all times and will have to sleep in your tent/caravan with you. Bring a dog bowl incase of hot weather!
• CAR SHARE(if you're not coming by train or bus) - For many reasons - more people can come that can't drive, it's better for the environment, and a cheaper way of getting here and back!
• T-SHIRTS - If you buy a T-Shirt, just take your voucher code you received in your email to the merch stand once you're at the event, and they will give you your T-Shirt. The people on the gates won't know about them. You can change your size providing we have enough of that size. You will also be able to buy them at the event. We will also have other things for sale like mugs and posters
• AFTERPARTY - Each night there will be an afterparty in the main room from 11pm-2am for those that wish to attend. One night will be house/drum and bass, and the other rock/alternative/pop
• WATER - There will be several water points across the site, available free of charge
• MUSIC/BANDS/ARTISTS - If you wish to apply to play the festival please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will be reviewed, and will be contacted if we want to know more
• FIRES - are not allowed. Camping stoves are. So are disposable barbeques, but they cannot go directly onto the grass (putting bricks underneath are okay)
• PROHIBITED ITEMS - Illegal drugs and weapons
• BIKES - If you're coming by bike you can lock your bike to any of the barriers placed around the rings, but the Camp-Out or venue is not responsible for them!
• REFUNDS - Tickets are non-refundable as is standard event ticket procedure. If you can longer come you can sell your ticket by sending your e-ticket to the buyers email address
• QUIET CAMPING - There will be a designated area for those who wish to camp in a quiet place, as a few people last year were kept up by noise in general camping. You don't need a specific ticket for this. The area chosen for this will be labelled on the map published nearer the time. Please note the area will be first come first served
If you're a food vendor and want to contact us, please send your details to email@example.com and you will be contacted if we want to know more
If you're a singer or in a band and want to play please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will be reviewed, and will be contacted if we want to know more
If you want to put on a workshop in our Fitness/Yoga/Health/Meditation tent please message email@example.com. All applicants will be reviewed, and will be contacted if we want to know more
Any questions you have that aren't answered above, please send directly to us, not the venue, on firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/ukvegancampout
LONELIE'S GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/2008238006073769